Gnomon is committed to providing students, their families and the campus community full disclosure of all consumer information as required by state and federal laws and regulations. The laws are intended to satisfy students’ RIGHT TO KNOW, and afford the opportunity for students to make fully informed choices regarding the institution they elect to attend. Below is some of the information that is required for disclosure. Additional information can be found on this website, or in the Gnomon Catalog. Paper copies are available upon request.
Gnomon has been recognized by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) as a 2019 ACCSC School of Excellence. ACCSC is recognized by the United States Department of Education as a private, non-profit, independent accrediting agency that provides accreditation to institutions that are predominantly organized to educate students for occupational, trade and technical careers. ACCSC’s mission is to serve as a reliable authority on educational quality and to promote enhanced opportunities for students by establishing, sustaining, and enforcing valid standards and practices which contribute to the development of a highly trained and competitive workforce through quality career-oriented education.Gnomon has been recognized by ACCSC as a 2019 ACCSC School of Excellence.
- 2020 Digital Production Graduation & Employment Chart
- 2020 Entertainment Design Digital Production Graduation & Employment Chart
- ACCSC 2020 Summary of Graduation and Employment Statistics
- 2020 Bachelor of Fine Arts Retention Chart*The 2020 Annual Report cohort dates for the Graduation & Employment Chart for the BFA are prior to the inception of the program.
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Approved by California
Gnomon, Inc. (Gnomon), a private institution, located at 1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038 was granted approval to operate an accredited institution from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education pursuant to California education code. The Bureau’s approval means that the institution and its operations comply with minimum state standards as set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009. §94909(a)(2) and §94897(l)(1)(2)
Performance Fact Sheet
Prior to enrollment, Gnomon provides students with a School Performance Fact Sheet related to the educational programs offered.
- 2018 — 2019 Digital Production for Entertainment Performance Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2018 — 2019 Entertainment Design & Digital Production Performance Fact Sheet (PDF)
- 2018 — 2019 Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Production Performance Fact Sheet (PDF)
Among the oversight activities carried out by the Bureau to ensure that covered institutions operate in accordance with the law, the Bureau requires institutions to submit an Annual Report as a part of the ongoing compliance program. The Annual Report is due by September 1 of each year, and is required to include specific information related to the educational programs offered by the institution in the reporting period.
- 2018 Annual Report – Institution (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Report – Digital Production for Entertainment (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Report – Entertainment Design and Digital Production (PDF)
- 2018 Annual Report – Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Production (PDF)
- Completion/Graduation Rate 2016 (PDF)
- Completion/Graduation Rate 2017 (PDF)
- Completion/Graduation Rate 2018 (PDF)
- Completion/Graduation Rate 2019 (PDF)
Gnomon is required to post and distribute graduation and completion rates based on data submitted annually to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). The information provided is made available through the College Navigator.
For the current reporting year (2019-20), Gnomon reported only one full-time, first-time degree/certificate-seeking undergraduate student who entered Gnomon in the Fall of 2013, however this particular student did not graduate. Since the rest of the disclosure is based on this particular cohort of students, the responses of ‘0%’ are not indicative of actual completion and graduation rates.
The information Gnomon reported to IPEDS is limited to 'first-time, full-time' students who started in the Fall of 2013 only. For the current reporting year, that number was one, although the number of students overall that started in the Fall of 2013 was 18. The number of students that graduated on-time was 11, or 61%. The number that graduated within 150% of the program length was 2, or 11%. The number that withdrew was 5, or 28%.
Gnomon is providing the disclosure from 2016-17 which used the 12-month timeframe between September 1, 2013 and August 31, 2014 as it provides a context for the information.
For more comprehensive information, Gnomon invites you to review the completion and graduation rates as reported to our accreditor ACCSC and to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. The links are on this page above.